These are two of the happiest guys on the planet right now. Bruno, you’ll see why in a moment. As for Spike, his Knicks are finally back on the basketball radar.
6. Bruno Mars – Doo Wops & Hooligans – 37,000 - Officially passing the 750K sold plateau, it is officially time to turn the “platinum countdown” for Bruno. And he’s going to push “The Lazy Song” as his next single. Sidenote: You know you’re a star when Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon shout you out on Pardon The Interruption.
7. Eminem – Recovery - 37,000 – No hate whatsoever because Em is certainly one of my favorite artists, but who are these people that still flock to the store every week to get this album? That’s some amazing consumer confidence right there.
8. Rihanna – Loud - 33,000 - A million copies sold and gone. And is it me or has Rihanna gotten thicker? Not that I’m complaining or anything.
9. Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday – 32,000 – I knew “Moment 4 Life” would be the look she needed to give this project the push towards a milli status. What’s next, however? A video for “Roman’s Revenge”?
18. Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy – 16,000 - No surprise this guy is platinum, but the album did jump 18 spots this week thank in part to him finally putting a video out for “All Of The Lights.” I still say he should have performed that at the Grammys.
116. Saigon – The Greatest Story Never Told – 4,800 – At just over 16,000 copies sold, the numbers, in this case, lie. Sai’s long delayed album more than delivered on all the promises he made throughout the years. Fans of that raw, gritty, New York-style Hip-Hop, this is for you.
148. Joell Ortiz – Free Agent – 3,800 – Well, he’s a free agent no more since his new situation. Here’s to hoping he can get better promotion for his next project because the guy can honestly spit with anybody you put him beside.