1. Alicia Keys – Girl On Fire – 159,000 - This doesn’t surprise me. You know, especially considering the album’s title track is played on the radio every five seconds. While I haven’t given this a listen yet, my only hope is that there’s a few solid ballads on there.
6. Rihanna – Unapologetic – 72,000 - While Rih-Rih’s out frolicking with Chris Brown now, the rest of us (i.e. me) are looking at our watches waiting for that “Lovveee Song” video.
17. Kendrick Lamar – good kidd, m.A.A.d. city – 29,000 - There’s no way they don’t shoot a “Poetic Justice” video and give that more of a push on the FM waves, right?
30. Cee-Lo Green – Cee-Lo’s Magic Moment – 21,000 - Yeah, Cee-Lo’s never going to rap again.
53. Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (The Re-Up) – 12,000 - At this point, I’m more interested to see the anticipation and reaction to her third album.
54. 2 Chainz – B.O.A.T.S. – 12,000 - Like Nicki, I’m more interested now to see how he fairs on his sophomore album. 2013 is a big year.
59. Meek Mill – Dreams & Nightmares – 12,000 - I want Meek to win. I honestly and truly do. I just think this could have been a much better album. I bet he doesn’t drop the ball with Dreamchasers 3.
63. Future – Pluto – 11,000 - Say what you will, this is one of the most underrated albums of 2012. “Neva End” is a perfect winter hit.