Twas six days before Christmas, and the sales numbers were…
5. Game – Jesus Piece – 86,000 - For as much flack as Game receives, the truth remains he has consistently put out good albums, regardless of what the numbers ended up as. This is more a compilation than album based off all the features, but still a good project nonetheless. “Celebration” should’ve received a bigger push, and the track with Jeremih, Weezy and Big Sean is dope as hell. Video/single worthy, in my little ol’ opinion.
8. Alicia Keys – Girl On Fire – 61,000 - At basically 300,000 sold, I’m pretty sure Mrs. Keys-Beatz will crack gold eventually. I’m just glad the radio stopped playing the album’s title track every five seconds.
14. Rihanna – Unapologetic – 51,000 - Guess who’ll be at 500K sold shortly after the New Year? The bad news? Still no video for “Lovveeee Song.”
25. Wiz Khalifa – O.N.I.F.C. – 40,000 - This album didn’t have a “Black & Yellow” on it, but I’m pretty sure will is just fine selling 300K and just caking off an endless tour schedule. He’s got a mouth on the way to feed, you know.
33. Big Boi – Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors – 30,000 - A good project that will go vastly under heard because…nevermind.
40. Kendrick Lamar – GKMC – 24,000 - I’m with Kendrick. Get Janet Jackson in the “Poetic Justice” video.
103. Meek Mill – Dreams & Nightmares – 7,800 - I wonder if Meek’s done promoting this. When can we start the countdown for Dreamchasers 3?