13. T.I. – Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head – 23,000 - It’s about time Tip release a new single, despite “Ball” growing on me as the weeks have gone by. I’m actually a huge fan of the record now. That said, it’d be nice to hear another record get the single treatment. A video for “Trouble Man” with R. Kelly would be dope.
20. Kendrick Lamar – good kidd, m.A.A.D. city – 19,000 - How much longer until the never-satisfied world of rap begins to champion for new music from Kendrick? Hopefully he keeps us on ice for awhile. Sounds crazy, I know. But a time away (see Drake in 2012) actually does wonders if the quality of your music can justify the hype.
24. Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis – The Heist – 17,000 - At 254,000 sold, this is equivalent to platinum given they’ve had very minimal (if any) radio and TV support.
36. Wiz Khalifa – O.N.I.F.C. – 12,000 - Wiz, bro, I know you’re life is hectic with a baby on the way and a possible marriage. I get that. But whatever happened to Live In Concert with Spitta?
41. Game – Jesus Piece – 9,800 - “Ali Bombye” with 2 Chainz and Ross is ridiculously tough. That is all.
50. Chief Keef – Finally Rich – 8,100 - Keef says he wants to stop rapping about violence. And in other news, people in hell want ice water.
116. Big Boi – Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors – 3,300 - The title of this album holds much more significance given the events of this week.