Posts Tagged ‘Eminem’
Continuing the annual Grammy Awards tradition of pairing A-list artists for musical collaborations,Â the Hollywood Reporter has learned thatÂ Dr. Dre will join his protegeÂ Eminem onstage at this Sunday’s show (CBS, 8 p.m.).
It will mark the rap icon’s first live television performance in more than a decade and comes on the heels of a stellar year for Em, who not only has the best-selling album of 2010 withÂ Recovery, but is also up for 10 awards (he’s won a total of 11 Grammys since breaking onto the scene in 1999).
Dre is also up for album of the year, as a producer onÂ Recovery.
A new Dr. Dre album,Â Detox, is expected out in the spring. It will be his first studio album since 1999.
Previously announced performers for music’s biggest night includeÂ Arcade Fire,Â Lady Gaga,Miranda Lambert, Katy Perry,Â Barbra Streisand, a duet byÂ Gwyneth Paltrow with Cee Lo Green,Â as well as a tribute toÂ Aretha Franklin performed byÂ Christina Aguilera,Martina McBride,Â Jennifer Hudson,Â Yolanda Adams andÂ Florence Welch.Read More
Eminem will headline the annual Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago’s Grant Park this year,Â taking place from August 5-7.
Reliable industry sources toldÂ Chicago Tribune music critic Greg Kot that in addition to Slim Shady toplining the fest,Â Muse andÂ Foo Fighters will be gracing the stage in Illinois. Though the official lineup won’t be announced until April, bands and artists includingÂ Best Coast,Â Girl Talk,Â Lykke Li andÂ Crystal Castles will also reportedly perform during the event.
Em comes in a long line of hip-hop artists to appear at the 20-year-old Lolla, which has been stationed in Chicago since 2004. Last year’s event featuredÂ Cypress Hill,Â Erykah Badu,Â J. Cole,Â B.o.B and more, while previous festivals have included performances fromÂ Kanye West,Â Snoop Dogg,Â K’naan,Â Kid Sister and more.
1. Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday – 45,000 – Number one album in the country (which has been out since November) and as of today, she is officially a million copies sold. Its grand total to 1,035,000 records bought, Clap For Her
4. Bruno Mars – Doo Woops & Hooligans – 32,000 - Bruno keeps putting up consistent numbers and he’ll also be performing at the pre-game show during NBA All Star Weekend.
5. Rihanna – Loud – 29,000 - Speaking of All Star Weekend, Rihanna’s got the entire halftime show to herself.
10. Eminem – Recovery – 25,000 - Em had the best overall commercial during the Super Bowl. Plus he’s got the Grammys coming up. It should be interesting to see how both of those (positively) affect his alreadyÂ gargantuanÂ numbers. (Keep reading…)Read More
The Super Bowl that puts its hometown of Detroit andÂ Eminem, one of the city’s musical stars, at center stage.Â The unusually long commercial advertises the Chrysler 200. It’s set over Eminem’s song â€œLose Yourselfâ€ from the movie â€œ8 Mile.â€Â The company is trying to reinforce Chrysler as its luxury brand in the year’s biggest advertising showcase, which can draw more than 100 million viewers.Read More
I know, I know. I forgot again.
3. Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday – 38,000 - Aight, I’m serious this time. She will have officially clipped the one million sold mark next week. All she has to do is sell 11,000 copies.
5. Bruno Mars – Doo Wops & Hooligans – 33,000 - So he beat his case and his album continues to sell? Clap for this man.
16. Eminem – Recovery – 21,000 – I’m convinced this album will still be in the top 20 come the year 2020. He hasn’t even released a single since “No Love” with Wayne and he probably doesn’t even need to. (Keep reading…)Read More
Like most red blooded Americans, I feel confident Eminem will be watching the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers play in Super Bowl 45 on Sunday evening. Yet, unlike most of us, Eminem will be making a cool million dollars while watching the game. You see, Marshall has aÂ commercialÂ set to air during that highly lucrative block of television which features him in Claymation for a Lipton Brisk iced-tea ad.
A NY Post insider says it’s “very funny.” We’ll all judge for ourselves come Sunday.Read More
With the Grammys exactly a month away, more and more details are beginning to emerge. First, the nominations were released. Now, the headline performers have been liberated. According to Billboard.com:
Eminem, Lady Gaga, Arcade Fire, Miranda Lambert, Cee Lo Green and Katy Perry will perform at the 2011 Grammy Awards on Feb. 13, it was announced Thursday (Jan. 13).
Eminem, who leads the 53rd annual awards with 10 nominations and has 11 wins already under his belt, is a frequent Grammy performer who graced the stage as recently as last year, performing with Drake and Lil Wayne.
This will be Gaga’s second consecutive year gracing the stage and one anyone can expect to be well over the top and out of the ordinary. No Kanye performance though? This is the perfect stage for “All Of The Lights.”Read More