Posts Tagged ‘Waka Flocka Flame’
In most recent inspirational news, not all rap artists are losing brand endorsements; some are gaining credibility within the eyes of publications, artists who you might not have expected. SRR Group has put together the new SFC Campagin “Star Fone Cases” in light to give back to the most recent tragedy know to our states; the bombings of the Boston Marathon. The full service entertainment company launched their Star Phone Case concepts as of May 13th titled “Boston Strong” and have rappers Soulja Boy and Waka Flocka Flame right by their side to endorse the brand. Read more on the hot new celebrity cases available for iPhones and Samsung Galaxies after the jump! (more…)Read More
Gucci Mane’s career the past eight months or so has been one blunder after another it seems. Remember the attempt to reignite the beef with Young Jeezy? Remember him attempting to call out every rapper from Atlanta for seemingly no reason at all? Remember 15-second name change from Gucci Mane to Guwop then back to Gucci mane? Then, maybe the most damming, remember the odd tweets explaining he dropped Waka Flocka from 1017 then deleted them and management claimed he was hacked? Well, according to Waka, regardless if his Twitter account was hacked, things just aren’t the same between the duo. And never will be.
According to Flocka, the tweet was far from hacked as it was basically an extension of an agressive convo the two had shortly before which nearly led to a physical altercation. “[It was] real aggressive [with] words like, ‘Nigga let’s get up. Let’s do this,’” said Waka to MTV.
Even going as far to tell MTV he would never work or associate with Gucci again, it is obvious the two had grown apart for several months now with Waka saying that while he “greeted fans,” Gucci punches them; alluding to the most recent charge of assault on a fan which currently has Guwop in an Atlanta jail at this very moment.
Witnessing the two dissolve ties isn’t all that surprising, especially in a genre than can kill friendships as quickly as it creates them. To hear Waka’s entire story of why the union has been severed forever and why the “disloyal” claims Radric threw Waka’s way stung him the most, click here.Read More
SBTV dropped an exclusive video of SN1′s representative Giggs and Brick Squad’s Waka Flocka Flame today ‘Lemme Get Dat’ which sent UK twitter in a frenzy.
— Tim Westwood (@TimWestwood) December 8, 2012
Our favorite most dope knuckle head, Mac Miller, has just dropped a new exclusive track via his Twitter titled Dog Pound. Featuring Waka Flocka Flame and a beat produced by Dahi, there’s no word where we can expect this track to end up. But hey, it’s Mac Miller – we’re just happy about that! Check it out above.Read More
2. Frank Ocean – Channel Orange – 131,000 - No big surprise Frank lands at this spot. There’s been talk about this project not being as complete as Nostalgia, Ultra. Fair enough, but C.O. is a complete body of work in its own right. The transition from “Super Rich Kids” to “Pilot Jones” to “Crack Rock” is amazing. (more…)Read More
1. Justin Bieber – Believe – 374,000 - With the highest selling debut of 2012, it’s just another day at the office for arguably the biggest pop star in the world. And say what you want, “Catching Feelings” is a solid cut.
26. Waka Flocka Flame – Triple F Life: Fans, Friends & Family – 14,000 - This isn’t exactly making a dent sales-wise like Flockaveli. That said, Waka’s got some singles on here. Like I said last week, “Lurkin” >>>>
55. Drake – Take Care – 8,200 - Drizzy’s marketed this album about as much as he could. So how’s about letting lose of that track that playing while he was smoking hookah?
63. Big K.R.I.T. – Live From The Underground – 6,600 - I turned on the TV and Krizzle was performing on Conan last night. Then, I smiled. My favorite song is still the jawn with Melanie Fiona, though.
93. Curren$y – The Stoned Immaculate – 4,600 - Spitta will never go platinum largely due to the fact he caters to his fan base 9.9 times out of 10. And it’s still amazing to see them support him in the manner they do. I’m still patiently waiting for that tape with Wiz though. I swear I’m not trying to be greedy either.
110. Future – Pluto – 4,000 - “You Deserve It.” Moving right along…
198. Travis Porter – From Day 1 – 2,200 - Being logical, I knew Travie wasn’t going to be on Billboard charts for an extended period of time. At 25,000 total albums sold, asking them to knock down 100K would be asking too much. Instead, it’d be great if they could get to 50K.Read More
1. Usher – Looking 4 Myself – 128,099 - How crazy is this? Usher lands at #1 this week and Bieber lands at #1 next week. Racks on racks on racks. In regards to the album, I’ve heard mixed reviews. To me, it’s a cool album. Something for everybody on there. Of course this doesn’t spell “classic,” but yeah, something for everybody. And that record 40 did was nothing short of amazing.
3. Adele – 21 – 62,797 - Look, seriously, who is still buying this album? That’s not coming from a hateful place. It’s just un-f*ckin-believable people are still buying this record after damn near 10M albums sold and a small village worth of Grammys.
10. Waka Flocka – Triple F Life: Fans, Friends & Family – 33,179 - “Lurkin’” >>>>>>>
20. Kid Ink – Up & Away – 19,767 - My boy Justin has been singing this guy’s praises for like three years now. I should probably give him a call and see if he’s one of the 19,767 who bought the album.
31. Big K.R.I.T. – Live From The Underground – 12,101 - Straight up, I wouldn’t mind seeing a video for “If I Fall” with Melanie Fiona. A nice little summer track with a message.
54. Drake – Take Care – 8,931 - He’s had an interesting month, huh? I’m pretty sure he’s done promoting this album via the music video route, but one for “Underground Kingz” would be cool. That + some new music with the OVO Fest coming up? Not a bad promotion.
57. Rihanna – Talk That Talk – 8,793 - This latest controversy (one in which she wasn’t even in the club) will probably push her to platinum. She’s only 80K away. Plus, I’m pretty sure she’s got one more single from this album.
96. Beastie Boys – Licensed To Ill – 5,395 - Look what I found in the middle of the Top 200. Five times platinum, plus.
112. Justin Timberlake – FutureSex/LoveSounds – 4,735 - Look, I’m on the Bieber bandwagon. But J.T. – from Justin to Justin – some new music would be MUCH appreciated homie. This album dominated Fall 2006 and Spring 2007, by the way,
121. Future – Pluto – 4,472 - C’mon man. “You Deserve It” or “Turn On The Lights” as the next single needs to happen.
Waka Flocka Flame‘s newest album Triple F Life is officially in stores and he’s making sure that the visuals keep coming: his latest single is “Candy Paint & Gold Teeth” and the track features his fellow Southerners in rhyme Ludacris and Bun B. Yet another Flocka clip directed by Mr. Boomtown, Waka’s paying homage to the South with hot cars, beautiful women and customized grills for everyone. It’s still a party down on Grove Street.
Triple F Life is in stores and available online for purchase, so cop that today!Read More